Follow the farm
Cut-your-own, Freshly-cut & Potted Christmas Trees
Christmas Tree sales open every day from late November
We grow a wide variety of trees and are one of the few farms in the South East able to offer a Cut your own service. Cutting your own Christmas tree is a fun event for the whole family.
Please bring your own hand saw (chainsaws not permitted).
Christmas Trees grown on our farm
We grow 4 different types of premium Christmas trees on the farm which we sell directly to our customers. We also regularly supply trees to nearby film and television studios as well as major TV productions including Made in Chelsea, Call the Midwife and Eastenders.
No variety of Christmas tree is inherently ‘non drop’ the rate of needle drop experienced is much more a reflection on how fresh the tree is. Cheaper trees are often cut months before Christmas and dry out, resulting in needle drop. With a quality, freshly cut tree you really get what you pay for.
A real Christmas tree is better for the environment too! According to the British Christmas Tree Growers Association, one hectare of Christmas Trees will absorb six tonnes of carbon dioxide per year and will biodegrade once used. By contrast a plastic tree will take centuries to degrade in a landfill.
Nordmann Firs provide the classic Christmas tree shape. The needles are soft yet generously full to provide a plump, filled out tree.
With its dark green glossy foliage, Nordmann Firs have become the favourite tree in many homes.
Norway Spruce trees are for many people the quintessential Victorian Christmas tree.
The thinner needles provide a more elegant tree shape and makes this variety of tree particularly well suited to showing off tree ornaments.
Norway Spruce trees are a less expensive alternative to Nordmann Firs as they grow at a much faster rate.
Norway Spruces give off a pleasant Christmas Tree scent.
An interesting alternative to all of our trees, the Blue Spruce is a bushy tree similar in appearance to a Nordmann Fir.
The needles of the Blue Spruce have a distinctive bluey green hue which is highly prized by those looking for a slightly alternative tree.
These trees are particularly prickly, definitely bring gloves if you plan to cut your own!
A relatively new planting on the farm. Fraser Firs have a good uniform pyramid shape with dense branches.
Fraser Firs carry a pleasing pine scent that makes them the tree of choice for many customers.
We have a variety of potted trees available for sale in varying sizes up to 6ft tall. Potted trees tend to retain their needles for longer but still suffer root damage as part of the potting process! Some customers successfully replant their potted trees, but we cannot guarantee any potted tree will re-grow.
Buying your Christmas Tree
All of our pre-cut Christmas trees are premium grade and freshly cut. We display our trees unwrapped on spikes so you can fully inspect the tree from all angles before you buy. Our staff will wrap your tree for easy transport and help to load your car. The vast majority of trees will easily fit into most cars. We have a very limited ability to deliver trees and can only deliver tree over 8 feet.
Cutting your own tree
Please bring your own hand saw (chainsaws not permitted)
We are one of the few farms in the South East you may visit to cut your own Christmas tree. This is a fun experience for the whole family and really adds to the magic of Christmas. For Health & Safety reasons all customers must visit the Christmas Tree cabin for instructions before attempting to cut a tree.
- Cut your own is only available during daylight hours (10-4) for Health & Safety reasons, you will not be allowed to cut after dusk.
- For Health and Safety reasons, trees over 10 feet high may not be cut by customers. Please bring gloves and sturdy boots, Christmas Trees are very prickly!
- Please bring your own saw. We have a very limited number of saws available to borrow. At busy times you may have a long wait for a saw to be returned.
- Customer are not allowed to bring or use Chainsaws on the farm.
- Christmas trees are priced by variety and height. Please visit the Christmas tree cabin before cutting to familiarise yourself with our pricing structure. By cutting your own tree, you are agreeing to pay for whatever you cut down.
- We cannot provide assistance in digging or cutting your own tree. If our staff are required to do so then the higher 'Pre cut' price will apply.
- Dogs are welcome on the farm but are not allowed into growing fields where the Christmas trees grow for Hygiene reasons.
Caring for your tree
Caring for your Christmas Tree correctly will prolong its life and reduce needle drop. Cared for properly, all Christmas trees sold from the farm will last up to and beyond Christmas Day.
- Needle drop is caused when the tree dries out after being cut. The most effective way to prolong your trees life is to display it in a traditional reservoir type stand and keep it topped up with water.
- Once home it is best to stand your tree in water as soon as possible. Store it somewhere cool until you are ready to start decorating.
- Keep your tree away from direct heat sources, placing your tree next to radiators and other heat sources will only hasten needle drop.
- Please keep your receipt. Christmas trees are perishable goods and like cut flowers, will inevitably suffer needle loss over time. In the unlikely event your tree suffers unusually heavy needle loss we will offer a replacement tree. Any offer of a replacement tree is offered at our discretion and cannot be offered without proof of purchase.