Follow the farm
Our Summer PYO has now finished for 2021.
We grow many different fruits and vegetables, please remember that Strawberries are a naturally growing product and not always available.
During the Summer season we grow many different crops of fruit and vegetables. Our picking season starts in late Spring with rhubarb and asparagus with fruit becoming available from June. Check below to see what is available to pick today.
When making a booking, please only book for yourself when visiting with friends.
What's picking today....
(please refresh your browser in case you're viewing an cached, out of date version of this page)
Crockford Bridge Farm is a working farm and business. We respectfully ask all visitors read the following rules which are a condition of entry. We reserve the right to remove or refuse entry to anyone failing to follow our rules.
- Do not eat our produce before paying at the exit tills. PYO farms rely on trust, eating fruit in the fields before paying for it is theft and compromises our ability to keep the farm open. We rely on the sale of our crops for our livelihood.
- Produce must be paid for when leaving the picking fields. Please do not climb over fences or visit any other area of the farm before paying for crops. Doing so is generally viewed as an attempt to avoid payment.
- Receipts must be kept as proof of payment at all times. Due to theft, security checks are in place.
- Only pick crops in the designated, signposted location. Picking locations change from week to week and when fields are closed, this is for very real Health and Safety reasons even if the crops look ready to pick. There may be plants growing across the farm and in hedgerows that are not fit for human consumption. Be aware that high pressure irrigation systems, shooting, pest control and moving farm machinery are often in operation in closed areas.
- Please only pick ripe fruit! Fruit will not continue to ripen once picked! Picking unripe crops is a waste of both our crop and your money. Flowering crops may not be picked!
- Please pick only what you are prepared to pay for. Prices are clearly displayed at the entrance and our staff are happy to help you work out likely costs etc before you start picking. You will be charged for everything you pick.
- Please treat our fields with respect. Rows of crops are exciting for children to jump over but doing so can damage our crop and affect our livelihood.
Visiting the farm
- Please supervise your children, Crockford Bridge Farm is a working farm with various hazards from moving farm vehicles, high pressure irrigation systems and uneven ground.
- Crockford Bridge Farm is private property. Access to the public is permitted only during opening hours. Picking outside of opening hours is not permitted and will be viewed as theft.
Frequently Asked Questions
Farming isn't an exact science and crop availability is heavily dependent on weather and customer footfall. Our crop calendar provides a general guide to when crops as usually available, but please remember this is only a guide! Picking dates vary from year to year, you can check what is available to pick today below.
During the picking season, crops can become unavailable due to changing weather conditions or simply because the farm has been unexpectedly busy. To avoid disappointment we strongly advise customers to phone ahead and check availability on the day, especially if you wish to pick a particular crop or are making a long journey.
Our farm is one of the few large open spaces left in our surrounding neighbourhood. Despite the ever encroaching urban sprawl, our land actually forms part of the Surrey Green Belt.
Every year we work hard to grow the best quality fruit we can whilst minimising our impact on the environment. We employ highly skilled agronomists who work with us to achieve these aims.
We use an integrated crop management policy which employs natural predators to help with pest control.
Over recent years we have planted extensive new hedgerows to provide natural windbreaks and help encourage local fauna.