Follow the farm
The PYO is now open EVERY DAY for 2021.
Please see below for crop availability and how to book...
We grow many different fruits and vegetables, please remember that Strawberries are a naturally growing product and not always available.
During the Summer season we grow many different crops of fruit and vegetables. Our picking season starts in late Spring with rhubarb and asparagus with fruit becoming available from June. Check below to see what is available to pick today.
When making a booking, please only book for yourself when visiting with friends.
Making a Booking
Bookings are now required 7 days a week to help control footfall and ensure a calm, pleasant environment for all. Please only book for yourself when visiting with friends.
Please check our terms and conditions, as PYO Vouchers cannot be changed or refunded.
PYO bookings are only available 7 days before your visit. Unfortunately, we can't release vouchers further in advance due to the unpredictability of the weather and the impact this has on crop availability.
- PYO vouchers entitle you to enter the farm for 2 hours from the time of your booking. This should provide ample time to pick and we kindly ask customers to only spend 2 hours on site to prevent overcrowding later in the day.
- Vouchers are for Fruit and Veg picking. We aren't able to offer a refund if the particular crop you wish to pick isn't availabe on the day of your visit (please check our Crop Availability page or phone to check before booking).
- All customers need a valid PYO Voucher to enter the farm. Vouchers can only be redeemed against the value of your crops. Till transactions cannot be split, only one till transaction per booking. No change is given if you spend less than the value of your booking
- When booking, there must be at least one adult per two children to allow for adequate supervision and to ensure distancing can be maintained.
- Bookings are limited to 6 people per booking and 2 children per adult. You can make more than one booking to accommodate a larger, but you will need to meet the child to adult ratio.
PYO voucher prices
Adults (over 15) £4
Children (ages 1 - 14) - £2
Babies in carriers (sorry buggies aren't allowed in the PYO) - No Charge
Please remember PYO vouchers are redeemed against crops and aren’t an admission charge. We still rely on the honesty of people visiting not to eat crops while picking in our fields.
Farming isn't an exact science and crop availability is heavily dependent on weather and customer footfall. Our crop calendar provides a general guide to when crops as usually available, but please remember this is only a guide! Picking dates vary from year to year, you can check what is available to pick today below.
During the picking season, crops can become unavailable due to changing weather conditions or simply because the farm has been unexpectedly busy. To avoid disappointment we strongly advise customers to phone ahead and check availability on the day, especially if you wish to pick a particular crop or are making a long journey.
What's picking today....
More ready soon
Crockford Bridge Farm is a working farm and business. We respectfully ask all visitors read the following rules which are a condition of entry. We reserve the right to remove or refuse entry to anyone failing to follow our rules.
- Do not eat our produce before paying at the exit tills. PYO farms rely on trust, eating fruit in the fields before paying for it is theft and compromises our ability to keep the farm open. We rely on the sale of our crops for our livelihood.
- Produce must be paid for when leaving the picking fields. Please do not climb over fences or visit any other area of the farm before paying for crops. Doing so is generally viewed as an attempt to avoid payment.
- Receipts must be kept as proof of payment at all times. Due to theft, security checks are in place.
- Only pick from today's designated fields. Picking locations change and todays location may be very different from where you last picked. When fields are closed this is for very real Health and Safety reasons even if the crops look ready to pick. High pressure irrigation systems, shooting, pest control and moving farm machinery are often in operation in closed areas.
- Please only pick ripe fruit! Fruit will not continue to ripen once picked! Picking unripe crops is a waste of both our crop and your money. Flowering crops may not be picked!
- Please pick only what you are prepared to pay for. Prices are clearly displayed at the entrance and our staff are happy to help you work out likely costs etc before you start picking. You will be charged for everything you pick.
- Please treat our fields with respect. Rows of crops are exciting for children to jump over but doing so can damage our crop and affect our livelihood.
Visiting the farm
- Please supervise your children, Crockford Bridge Farm is a working farm with various hazards from moving farm vehicles, high pressure irrigation systems and uneven ground.
- Crockford Bridge Farm is private property. Access to the public is permitted only during opening hours. Picking outside of opening hours is not permitted and will be viewed as theft.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our farm is one of the few large open spaces left in our surrounding neighbourhood. Despite the ever encroaching urban sprawl, our land actually forms part of the Surrey Green Belt.
Every year we work hard to grow the best quality fruit we can whilst minimising our impact on the environment. We employ highly skilled agronomists who work with us to achieve these aims.
We use an integrated crop management policy which employs natural predators to help with pest control.
Over recent years we have planted extensive new hedgerows to provide natural windbreaks and help encourage local fauna.